- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoe
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1 1/4 cups bone broth
- 2 (15 oz) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can sweet corn, rinsed and drained.
1. Place oil in a large pot and place over medium high heat. Add in onion, garlic, red pepper and saute for 5-7 minutes, stirring frequently.
2. Next add in ground chicken and break up the meat; cooking until no longer pink. Next add in chili powder, cumin, oregano, cayenne pepper and salt; stir for about 20 seconds.
3. Next add in tomatoes, chicken broth, black beans and corn. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until chili thickens and flavors come together.
4. Taste and adjust seasonings and salt as necessary.
5. Garnish with whatever you like.